MOST READ OSG plea to revoke ABS-CBN franchise ‘a duplicitous move’ – Lacson Jake says relationship with Shaina ‘goes beyond physical attraction’ That came in Dubai in March, while his best Grand Slam performance was reaching the semi-finals of the French Open.A hip problem ruined his Wimbledon defence and forced him out of the US Open, ultimately ending his season with three months to run.Murray’s 2012 US Open and 2013 Wimbledon titles came under Lendl and after they split in 2014 he worked with former French player Amelie Mauresmo before reuniting with Lendl in 2016.The top of the men’s game is currently beset by a glut of injuries to big-name players, with Murray, Djokovic and Stan Wawrinka all missing from the ongoing ATP Finals in London, which Murray won last year.Murray has slipped to 16th in the world this year.Nadal pulled out of this year’s tournament after his opening round-robin match.Murray replaced Djokovic as world number one in November 2016 and held the top spot for 41 weeks before being replaced by NadalMurray practised with Austria’s Dominic Thiem for two hours ahead of the ATP Finals last week. Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Kiss-and-tell matinee idol’s conquests: True stories or tall tales? Murray, who has missed a big chunk of the current season through injury, will continue to work on his fitness in Miami before heading to Australia ahead of the Australian Open, the first Grand Slam of the year.“I wish Andy well going forward. We had a great run and a lot of fun,” said Lendl, himself an eight-time Grand Slam winner as a player.Lendl will continue to work in the field of player development at the US Tennis Association, where his group’s Patrick Kypson recently won his first professional event.Murray has won just a single title in 2017 after his golden year in 2016.Injury-ravaged 2017ADVERTISEMENT Coco’s house rules on ‘Probinsyano’ set Margot Robbie talks about filming ‘Bombshell’s’ disturbing sexual harassment scene FILE – in this Jan. 15, 2012 file photo, Andy Murray of Britain, left, talks with coach Ivan Lendl during a practice session for the Australian Open tennis championship, in Melbourne, Australia. Murray and Lendl are calling it quits for a second time, ending a partnership that produced three Grand Slam titles and two Olympic gold medals. (AP Photo/Sarah Ivey, File)LONDON — Former world number one Andy Murray announced Friday he has split with coach Ivan Lendl for the second time as he works towards regaining full fitness for the 2018 season.The 30-year-old Scot has enjoyed all of his Grand Slam success under the guidance of Lendl, securing a second Wimbledon title last year and another Olympic title in the second instalment of their fruitful partnership.ADVERTISEMENT Jake says relationship with Shaina ‘goes beyond physical attraction’ It’s too early to present Duterte’s ‘legacy’ – Lacson LATEST STORIES Overall, in his two spells with Lendl, Murray won three Grand Slams, two Olympic golds and reached the top of the rankings in a fearsomely competitive era of men’s tennis featuring Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic.“I’m thankful to Ivan for all his help and guidance over the years. We’ve had great success and learned a lot as a team,” Murray said on his website.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSRedemption is sweet for Ginebra, Scottie ThompsonSPORTSMayweather beats Pacquiao, Canelo for ‘Fighter of the Decade’SPORTSBack on the throne“My focus now is on getting ready for Australia with the team I have in place and getting back to competing.”The statement said the decision to end the coaching relationship had been mutual. Peaking Archers seek Finals slot vs Falcons Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard PLAY LIST 02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award Steam emission over Taal’s main crater ‘steady’ for past 24 hours Jo Koy: My brain always wants to think funny View comments
The project is primarily being funded with money approved by voters approval of Proposition F in 2000 and Proposition Q in 2002. Dan Laidman, (213) 978-0390 [email protected] 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MORESanta Anita opens winter meet Saturday with loaded card “Only this morning, we heard from probably the most hated individual in the world, making another threat to our great nation,” said Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa. “It gives us a sobering effect, if you will, about the possibility of any emergency.” The complex, set to open in summer 2008, came about after officials reviewed the aftermath of the Northridge Earthquake, which jolted the city a dozen years ago this week, said Ellis Stanley, general manager of the Emergency Preparedness Department. “At that time the city kind of scrambled to come together and coordinate its response,” he said. The complex will replace and consolidate a number of dispatch and operational centers that currently are scattered around the city and that officials say are outdated and inadequate. The 124,000-square-foot facility will include connections to county, state and federal emergency networks, police and fire airborne video units, and seismic data from Caltech. Los Angeles leaders broke ground Thursday on a $127 million Public Safety Complex touted as the city’s nerve center in the event of a terrorist attack or natural disaster. Funded by a pair of voter-approved propositions, the facility in Little Tokyo will house operations centers for the emergency preparedness, fire and police departments, as well as medical services and a full fire station. The complex is in addition to a new 500,000-square-foot police headquarters approved last year by the City Council to replace Parker Center at 100 N. Los Angeles St., which has been damaged over the years by earthquakes and wear-and-tear. While introducing the new complex, some city officials referenced the re-emergence Thursday of Osama bin Laden in a new audiotape threatening attacks in the United States.
Daniel and Majella getting ready for their road trip last year.DANIEL and Majella’s B&B Road Trip is back for a second series – but they are moving from UTV to RTE.Due on air later this year, the producers are calling on B&B owners to take part in the show, which follows Daniel O’Donnell and his wife as they travel around Ireland.Speaking about the series Ray McCarthy, Commissioning Editor, RTÉ, said: “We’re delighted to have Daniel and Majella on board at RTÉ One. “We’re huge fans of both of them and it’s a great series highlighting Ireland’s many unique and colourful tourism spots”.One of the highlights from the last series was Roscommon woman Anne Sheerin who became an internet sensation following her emotional reaction to Daniel and Majella’s arrival to her B&B.If you fancy welcoming Daniel and Majella into your B&B and showing them the delights of your local area, apply by emailing [email protected] or calling Helen on 01 8641444.Closing date for applications is Wednesday 18th May. DANIEL AND MAJELLA LOOKING FOR A B&B AGAIN! was last modified: May 13th, 2016 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:B&Bdaniel o’donnelldonegalRTEUTV