Foran has told his teammates that he will not be staying at the club, but will move to Sydney to be closer to his children.Foran has been heavily linked with a switch to the Bulldogs.”It has been an incredibly tough decision to make but it has reached the point where I had to make a call and I’ve done that today,” Foran said in a statement.”I love it so much here at this club and I have so many people to thank for helping me to get my life and my football career back on track.”I really wanted to find a way of staying and spending more time here because it’s so good being around the boys and the people here. Every day I have a smile on my face when I come to training.”But, in the end, it came down to my kids and what’s best for them. I need to be back in Sydney to be closer to them.”Before I do there’s plenty to do here. I want to finish here as well as I possibly can. We can do something this year and I want to play my part in that.”Warriors managing director Jim Doyle said Foran’s decision is understandable.”Of course, we would have liked Kieran to stay longer and we looked at ways of making that possible,” he said.”I know how much he likes it here and how much he wanted to extend his time but his kids’ welfare is paramount. We support him in what he has decided to do and wish him all the best.”For us, it has been great to see how far he has come getting his life back in order and now being in a position to be able to help the team on the field. He wants to finish the season strongly.”Doyle said the club had options to consider now Foran’s future has been clarified.”While we were hoping Kieran would stay we also knew there was a chance he would return to Sydney so we considered that in our planning,” he said.Since making his Warriors debut against Gold Coast on April 2, Foran has played in each of the team’s last five matches. His last outing against the Sydney Roosters on April 30 provided the 100th win in his 161 NRL appearances so far.Photo By: SCOTT BARBOUR/Getty Images (Kieran Foran looks set to be signing with the Bulldogs).
The United Nations Development Program (UNDP) has donated four vehicles to the National Task Force on Ebola (NTFE) to fight Ebola in Liberia.The donation was made Monday, August 4, at the Internal Affairs Ministry by UNDP Resident Representative Antonio Vigilante to the NTFE’s co-chair, Internal Affairs Minister Morris Dukuly, representing President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf.The total cost of the four vehicles is put at US$123,952. They included three Land Cruisers and one Toyota Prado. Presenting the vehicles, Mr. Vigilante said the vehicles were to be used for the decentralization process in the country which, however, came in time with the challenge the country is facing with Ebola. “Therefore, they will be used for the Ebola response like burying of dead bodies.”He said, “I feel the pain Liberia is going through with the Ebola crisis and I’ve promised to work with the government in making sure it succeeds.”Upon receiving the keys to the vehicles, Minister Dukuly thanked the UN family for what he termed as a good partnership and the spirit of love shown to the Liberian Government and people. “The government is very pleased with the donation made by the UNDP family and these vehicles will be used to help remove Ebola dead bodies from communities and other areas for burial,” Min. Dukuly said.He also disclosed that the issue of Ebola now in Liberia, “is very critical and needs more attention in order to save the lives of other citizens in the country.”Minister Dukuly said the government is doing all it can to fight the deadly Ebola disease in the country. Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)