Alexandre Lacazette issues cryptic response after fan begs him to stay at Arsenal

first_img Manchester United captain Harry Maguire Comment Read More Read More Skip Advertisement 1/1 Coming Next Arsenal star Alexandre Lacazette has been heavily linked with Atletico Madrid in recent weeks (Picture: Getty)Alexandre Lacazette is keeping Arsenal supporters guessing over his future after issuing a cryptic response to speculation he could be on his way out of the club this summer.The 29-year-old striker had his worst season yet in front of goal for the Gunners last term, scoring just 12 goals in all competitions, and Mikel Arteta is open to selling the forward to raise funds for further summer signings. Atletico Madrid are keeping close tabs on the situation after missing out on Lacazette when he was at Lyon back in 2017 and recent reports suggested they are prepared to offer three of their players – Thomas Lemar, Angel Correa or Vitolo – in exchange for the Frenchman. SPONSORED Video Settings ‘I’m happy with my career because I played for Lyon, my club since I was a child,’ he said ahead of Arsenal’s FA Cup final victory over Chelsea.‘I played for Arsenal, my dream club in the UK. ‘I’m still happy about my career but obviously I would love to win more trophies and this one can make me happier in my Arsenal journey.’ Rio Ferdinand tells Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to drop struggling / Read More Full Screencenter_img Visit Advertiser website GO TO PAGE 1 min. story Read More Skip Ad Read More About Connatix V67539 Top articles And shortly after Arsenal’s pre-season clash with Aston Villa on Saturday, Lacazette dropped another possible hint that he expects to remain in north London for the forthcoming season. ‘One word. STAY,’ Arsenal fan account ‘lacazettesquad’ replied to the attacker’s post on Instagram following the friendly.Lacazette responded with a cheeky wink emoji which many supporters in the comments section took it as a sign he was staying.A brace from Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang failed to prevent the Gunners from losing their behind-closed-doors match with Villa at the Emirates this weekend. Goals from Douglas Luiz and Jacob Ramsey (2) sealed the win for the visitors as Willian made his first Arsenal appearance.Arteta handed Mesut Ozil his first competitive match since March and Dani Ceballos was also given a run out after completing his second successive loan move from Real Madrid earlier this week.More: Arsenal FCArsenal flop Denis Suarez delivers verdict on Thomas Partey and Lucas Torreira movesThomas Partey debut? Ian Wright picks his Arsenal starting XI vs Manchester CityArsene Wenger explains why Mikel Arteta is ‘lucky’ to be managing ArsenalCeballos said there was ‘never any doubt’ in his mind about returning to Arsenal this summer, despite receiving offers from Madrid and other La Liga clubs to remain in Spain for the upcoming campaign.‘I’m very pleased to be back with Arsenal – I’m very happy to have come back to a club where I feel important,’ the Spanish midfielder told Arsenal’s official website.‘It’s true that I had other options, such as staying at Real Madrid and going back to the Spanish league, where there were teams interested in me. ‘I spoke to the coach last year, before the FA Cup final, and told him that I wanted to stay at Arsenal and win titles. I’d been really happy with what Mikel had built at the club since he came in. ‘I had a great time at this club last season and there was never any doubt in my mind that I wanted to come back.’Will Lacazette still be an Arsenal player next season?Yes0%No0%Share your resultsShare your resultsTweet your resultsFollow Metro Sport across our social channels, on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. AdvertisementAdvertisementFor more stories like this, check our sport page.MORE: Zlatan Ibrahimovic crucial to new AC Milan signing’s decision to snub ArsenalMORE: Man Utd cult hero Rafael da Silva fires dig at Alexis Sanchez over Arsenal claim Alexandre Lacazette issues cryptic response after fan begs him to stay at Arsenal by Metro Lacazette was given a run out as Arsenal were defeated by Villa on Saturday (Picture: Getty)However, Lacazette poured cold water on rumours of a possible departure last month and reassured fans that Arsenal were his ‘dream club’.AdvertisementAdvertisementADVERTISEMENT Metro Sport ReporterSaturday 5 Sep 2020 10:17 pmShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link10.3kShares PLAY Advertisementlast_img read more

UK Government rejects ‘distribution updates’ on National Lottery sales

first_imgShare Submit Related Articles Share StumbleUpon Ministers expected to raise National Lottery age limit August 17, 2020 The UK Government has outlined that it has rejected proposals to give weekly updates on ticket sales to firms that share out proceeds to good causes.The rejection comes after a consultation period, following proposals to reform how money is distributed charity from society lotteries. Regarding the consultation period, the government previously detailed that: “Society lotteries play a vital part of the giving landscape by enabling charities and other societies, such as sports clubs, to run lotteries for good causes. The amount a society can raise is subject to limits of £4m sales per draw, £10m sales per year and a maximum prize of £400,000.“Our preferred options would allow a tenfold increase in the amount that a large society lottery can raise per year, bringing the annual limit to £100m. The per draw sales limit would rise to £5m and the maximum prize to £500,000.”However, the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport detailed: “The department does not receive this level of granular data from the Gambling Commission and questions the added value it would bring.“Sales vary week by week due to a diverse range of factors, in particular, whether there have been any rollover jackpots, limiting the robustness of any conclusions regarding trends that could be drawn on a week by week basis.”In its response, the DCMS added: “The department confidently expects that the commission will take account of experiences of the third licence when designing the next to deliver a strong National Lottery beyond 2023.” UKGC launches fourth National Lottery licence competition August 28, 2020 Camelot aims for ‘Big September’ supporting a high street recovery August 26, 2020last_img read more

GVC aims for highest standards operating in an uncertain world

first_imgShare GVC absorbs retail shocks as business recalibrates for critical H2 trading August 13, 2020 Submit GVC hires ‘comms pro’ Tessa Curtis to re-energise media profile  August 25, 2020 Better Collective cautious on quick recovery as COVID drags growth momentum August 25, 2020 Related Articles Share StumbleUpon Sports betting is beginning to return ‘in-line with expectations’ as live sports resume across all markets, said Barry Gibson, Chairman of GVC.Making his first public statement as Chairman, Gibson praised the COVIbetting group’s ability to respond ‘swiftly’ to the closure of its UK retail estate following government-imposed lockdown measures.The GVC Chairman also lauded the operator’s ability to meet its target of operating as a cash neutral company throughout the lockdown, and remained encouraged by the ‘early signs as customers return to the high street’.Gibson said: “While it is disappointing not to be able to hold a physical AGM for shareholders, safety is, of course, paramount as we continue to follow government guidelines to manage the COVID-19 pandemic. However, the Board looks forward to getting together in person with shareholders later in the year at a shareholder engagement forum in the UK, regulations permitting.“As sports events were cancelled and retail outlets were closed in mid-March, GVC responded swiftly and decisively achieving our target of operating at cash neutral through the period. We also increased our financial flexibility through a relaxation of the covenants on our Revolving Credit Facility.“Throughout the period our online gaming businesses continued to trade strongly, and as we see the resumption of sporting events across our business our sport volumes are returning in-line with expectations.“Our retail outlets in England have now been open for a little over a week, albeit with extensive social distancing measures in place, and we are encouraged by the early signs as customers return to the high street. As a result, GVC is well-positioned to emerge from this period in a position of financial and operational strength.”Gibson reiterated the work that the betting group has carried out to ensure that it maintains a high standard of social responsibility and corporate governance across the business, highlighting the work that has been carried out to best protect punters.GVC, which resecured its FTSE100 blue-chip status last month, expressed that while the economic outlook across the world remains uncertain, the betting group remained optimistic about GVC’s long-term prospects.Gibson continued: “We continue to embed the highest standards of governance across the business as an integral part of our day-to-day activities. Providing our customers with products and services that they can use in a safe and enjoyable environment is our guiding light, as well as protecting the small number of those customers who may be at risk.“We are constantly evolving and improving our safer gambling policies, procedures and technologies. As ever, we are committed to working closely with regulators to ensure that any changes in legislation will be evidence-based, carefully considered and focused on good outcomes for customers, improving player safety and limiting problem gambling, rather than knee-jerk decisions that could end up inadvertently damaging player safety.“While the economic outlook around the world remains uncertain, the resilience of our performance during this hugely challenging period and the extraordinary loyalty, dedication and hard work that our teams around the world are showing mean that we remain as confident as ever in GVC’s long-term prospects.”last_img read more