Alexandre Lacazette issues cryptic response after fan begs him to stay at Arsenal

first_img Manchester United captain Harry Maguire Comment Read More Read More Skip Advertisement 1/1 Coming Next Arsenal star Alexandre Lacazette has been heavily linked with Atletico Madrid in recent weeks (Picture: Getty)Alexandre Lacazette is keeping Arsenal supporters guessing over his future after issuing a cryptic response to speculation he could be on his way out of the club this summer.The 29-year-old striker had his worst season yet in front of goal for the Gunners last term, scoring just 12 goals in all competitions, and Mikel Arteta is open to selling the forward to raise funds for further summer signings. Atletico Madrid are keeping close tabs on the situation after missing out on Lacazette when he was at Lyon back in 2017 and recent reports suggested they are prepared to offer three of their players – Thomas Lemar, Angel Correa or Vitolo – in exchange for the Frenchman. SPONSORED Video Settings ‘I’m happy with my career because I played for Lyon, my club since I was a child,’ he said ahead of Arsenal’s FA Cup final victory over Chelsea.‘I played for Arsenal, my dream club in the UK. ‘I’m still happy about my career but obviously I would love to win more trophies and this one can make me happier in my Arsenal journey.’ Rio Ferdinand tells Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to drop struggling / Read More Full Screencenter_img Visit Advertiser website GO TO PAGE 1 min. story Read More Skip Ad Read More About Connatix V67539 Top articles And shortly after Arsenal’s pre-season clash with Aston Villa on Saturday, Lacazette dropped another possible hint that he expects to remain in north London for the forthcoming season. ‘One word. STAY,’ Arsenal fan account ‘lacazettesquad’ replied to the attacker’s post on Instagram following the friendly.Lacazette responded with a cheeky wink emoji which many supporters in the comments section took it as a sign he was staying.A brace from Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang failed to prevent the Gunners from losing their behind-closed-doors match with Villa at the Emirates this weekend. Goals from Douglas Luiz and Jacob Ramsey (2) sealed the win for the visitors as Willian made his first Arsenal appearance.Arteta handed Mesut Ozil his first competitive match since March and Dani Ceballos was also given a run out after completing his second successive loan move from Real Madrid earlier this week.More: Arsenal FCArsenal flop Denis Suarez delivers verdict on Thomas Partey and Lucas Torreira movesThomas Partey debut? Ian Wright picks his Arsenal starting XI vs Manchester CityArsene Wenger explains why Mikel Arteta is ‘lucky’ to be managing ArsenalCeballos said there was ‘never any doubt’ in his mind about returning to Arsenal this summer, despite receiving offers from Madrid and other La Liga clubs to remain in Spain for the upcoming campaign.‘I’m very pleased to be back with Arsenal – I’m very happy to have come back to a club where I feel important,’ the Spanish midfielder told Arsenal’s official website.‘It’s true that I had other options, such as staying at Real Madrid and going back to the Spanish league, where there were teams interested in me. ‘I spoke to the coach last year, before the FA Cup final, and told him that I wanted to stay at Arsenal and win titles. I’d been really happy with what Mikel had built at the club since he came in. ‘I had a great time at this club last season and there was never any doubt in my mind that I wanted to come back.’Will Lacazette still be an Arsenal player next season?Yes0%No0%Share your resultsShare your resultsTweet your resultsFollow Metro Sport across our social channels, on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. AdvertisementAdvertisementFor more stories like this, check our sport page.MORE: Zlatan Ibrahimovic crucial to new AC Milan signing’s decision to snub ArsenalMORE: Man Utd cult hero Rafael da Silva fires dig at Alexis Sanchez over Arsenal claim Alexandre Lacazette issues cryptic response after fan begs him to stay at Arsenal by Metro Lacazette was given a run out as Arsenal were defeated by Villa on Saturday (Picture: Getty)However, Lacazette poured cold water on rumours of a possible departure last month and reassured fans that Arsenal were his ‘dream club’.AdvertisementAdvertisementADVERTISEMENT Metro Sport ReporterSaturday 5 Sep 2020 10:17 pmShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link10.3kShares PLAY Advertisementlast_img read more

Ochocinco gets 150-mph ride with Jeff Burton

first_imgThat seemed to satisfy Ochocinco, who climbed out and said “That was nice. That was real nice.”Before the laps, Ochocinco said he made sure Burton was ready to push the Chevrolet.“I asked him to let loose,” Ochocinco said. “Please don’t waste my time. Step on the gas.”Ochocinco, the six-time Pro Bowl receiver, is making the most of his extended time away from football during the NFL lockout. He took the ride with Burton about six weeks after visiting the Professional Bull Riders circuit near Atlanta to ride a 1,500-pound bull for 1.5 seconds.He also has had a soccer tryout with Sporting Kansas City of the MLS and last year was one of the final four contestants in Dancing With the Stars.Next? Ochocinco said he plans to wrestle an alligator in Florida.“If you’re not nervous, you’re not living,” he said. “I’m willing to try everything once.” SEARCHING FOR THRILLS—Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Chad Ochocinco and NASCAR Sprint Cup driver Jeff Burton pose for a photo in victory lane after their high-speed laps in Burton’s car at Atlanta Motor Speedway on June 30. (AP Photo/Paul Abell) HAMPTON, Ga. (AP)—Chad Ochocinco turned to NASCAR on June 30 in his ongoing search for thrills away from the football field. Ochocinco was strapped in for the ride as Jeff Burton drove his No. 31 car around Atlanta Motor Speedway on June 30. Burton estimated he reached speeds of 150 to 160 miles per hour with Ochocinco.last_img read more

Oklahoma cowboy follows in dad’s footsteps, leads the saddle bronc riding

first_imgRed Bluff >> In the second performance of the Red Bluff Round-Up, the saddle bronc riding changed leads by a half-point.An Oklahoma cowboy took the lead after the second performance of the Red Bluff Round-Up, the nation’s largest three-day rodeo.Hardy Braden, Welch, Okla., scored a half-point better than Friday night’s high score to be 85 points going into Sunday’s performance.Braden, who is 28 years old, rode the Calgary Stampede horse Turbo Rocket, a twelve-year-old mare, for the win. …last_img read more

New teams join African pools in Super Rugby

first_img29 September 2015The Lions will be the first team to play a Super Rugby match in Japan when the new-era, 18-team competition kicks off in February 2016.They will face the Tokyo franchise at Prince Chichibu Memorial Stadium on Saturday, 27 February as confirmed by the draw, which was issued by Sanzar yesterday. Sanzar (South African, New Zealand and Australian Rugby) is the body charged with running two of the world’s pre-eminent Rugby Union competitions – Super Rugby and the Rugby Championship.The Cheetahs will similarly become the first team to play the new entrant from Argentina, when they host the Buenos Aires-based team in Bloemfontein on the competition’s opening evening, Friday, 26 February.The Kings return to the competition with a derby against the Sharks, while the opening round is completed for a game at Newlands, where the Stormers will host the Bulls.The six South African teams are grouped into two African pools along with the new entrants from Japan and Argentina. The existing 10 Australasian teams will be divided into New Zealand and Australian pools.The winners of each pool will earn automatic entry into the knockout Vodacom Super Rugby Finals Series. The next highest-ranked team from the African conference will also be placed in the Finals Series along with the three next highest- ranked teams from the Australasian conference.Unbridled excitementSanzar interim chief executive officer Brendan Morris said fans could look forward to the upcoming season with a great deal of optimism and enthusiasm. “We are in the envious position to be delivering our great brand of rugby to new cities and international markets, unlocking a host of commercial opportunities and delivering the unbridled excitement of Super Rugby to a legion of new and existing fans,” he said.“As successful as our competition has been in the past, we cannot rest on our laurels. We want to grow our fan base and ensure existing fans stay loving our game. We will be working hard alongside our national unions, teams, broadcasters and venues to keep finding new and innovative ways to ensure Super Rugby continues to be the best provincial rugby competition in the world both on and off the field,” Morris said.The African pools play home and away against the other teams in their pool; they also play either home or away against the teams in the other African pool and their programme is completed by matches against all the teams from either the Australian or New Zealand conference.Africa Conference 1, which will play against the Australian conference in 2016, is made up of the Bulls, Cheetahs, Stormers and the Japanese team.Africa Conference 2, which will play against the New Zealand conference in 2016, features the Kings, Lions, Sharks and the Argentinian team.To lessen the travel burden on the South African teams, three of the Japanese entrant’s matches against South African teams will be played in Singapore. The Cheetahs will add another first to the list by appearing at the Singapore National Stadium in round three, followed by the Bulls (round five) and Stormers (round 12).New trophyThe new-look competition will also be contested for a new trophy, made by Blue Sky Design. The chrome and gold-plated piece is intended to capture the prestige, grandeur and resilience of one of the world’s toughest sporting competitions.The 360-degree design features eight blade legs, representing the eight teams that will qualify for the Finals Series, arranged to provide an iconic representation of a rugby ball and evoke visual nostalgic links to the former trophy. It is now eternal property of the Highlanders.The 13.5kg prize has a flat base catering for engraving and seamless expansion as more teams etch their name into Super Rugby history as champions in the coming years.About Super RugbyAccording to Sanzar, in 1986, the Australian teams of New South Wales and Queensland played against Auckland, Canterbury and Wellington from New Zealand, as well as a composite Fiji side.“For five years the tournament was played, a South Pacific Championship or Super Six, which led to ‘expansion’ when South Africa re-entered the rugby world and it was reborn into the Super 10 in 1993, where it ran until 1995, prior to the game becoming professional.“In 1996, as Sanzar was formed, the Super 12 was created, a professional competition and the first official ‘international domestic’ tournament featuring the strongest teams – which would become franchises – across New Zealand, South Africa and Australia.”In 2011, Super Rugby expanded to 15 teams, with the Melbourne Rebels the new franchise, and split into three conferences, each with five teams and based in one of the three nations.Rugby World CupThere are eight Sharks players, seven Stormers, three Cheetahs and six Bulls players who are representing South Africa’s Springboks in the Rugby World Cup in England this month. South Africa is in Pool B. Although the Springboks lost in their first match against Japan on 19 September, they beat Samoa 46-6 on 26 September, putting them second on the log of Pool B. Scotland is number 1. The Springboks will fly the flag high against Scotland on 3 October at St James Park in Newcastle.Source: News24Wirelast_img read more

Top 10 stories of 2017: #8

first_imgShare Facebook Twitter Google + LinkedIn Pinterest 8. In the barn and out of troubleIn Clinton County, a new program is giving area youth an opportunity to find something more productive to do than they might otherwise choose. The Juvenile Court System has started a new 4-H group, called Bacon and Bits, and they are giving kids in that club a hog to show at the county fair that provides much more than just a summer project.last_img

Developer Announces Plan For South Carolina’s First Near-Zero-Energy Home

first_imgHome Will Include Large Rooftop PV ArrayAIKEN, SC — Ron Monahan, a developer from Boulder, Colorado, has announced plans to begin construction this year on a home he calls “the first zero-energy home in South Carolina.” The home will be one of 75 Energy Star homes planned for Phase One of The Ridge at Chukker Creek, a green residential development near Aiken, South Carolina.The near-zero-energy home will be insulated with spray polyurethane foam and equipped with a rooftop photovoltaic array. If the market responds well, Monahan may build three additional zero-energy homes in South Carolina.Architect George Watt of Boulder, Colorado, is finalizing plans for the home. “The approach is to do it as an all-electric house,” said Watt. “We plan to use an air-to-air heat pump with a COP of 3.6 or 3.7 and an on-demand electric water heater. The house will include an induction cooktop and Energy Star appliances to keep loads down, along with a Lifebreath HRV. It will have a terrific building envelope, well insulated and well sealed, with R-20 walls and an R-40 roof. I expect that the house will need a PV system sized between 8 and 10 kilowatts.”According to the Aiken Standard, The Ridge at Chukker Creek “includes a 61-acre conservation easement called the Freeman Preserve, miles of walking trails and a spring-fed pond. … Builders plan to use recycled or recyclable materials, with low or no volatile organic compounds and locally manufactured components.” At The Ridge at Chukker Creek, existing three-bedroom homes without PV systems are on the market for $325,000.last_img read more