The International Cricket Council (ICC) has hit back at South Africa skipper Faf du Plessis for appealing its decision after being charged for ball tampering.World cricket’s governing body said that it is “disappointed that Faf du Plessis has chosen not to accept the findings of Match Referee Andy Pycroft and will instead exercise his right to appeal.”An ICC spokesperson said that a Judicial Commissioner will now be appointed to hear the appeal at the earliest opportunity. (Du Plessis says Adelaide Test best of his career)Du Plessis was found guilty of breaching Article 2. 2.9 of the ICC Code of Conduct after television footage appeared to show him applying an artificial substance to the ball during the fourth day’s play in the second Test against Australia in Hobart.”The ICC will wait until the completion of the appeal before making full comment, but at this stage it is important to clarify the Laws of cricket. These state that a player should not use artificial substances to shine the ball. The ICC understands that to include , but is not limited to, sunscreen, lip ice and residue from sweets,” ICC said in a statement released early Friday. (Du Plessis hits defiant ton to silence Adelaide boos)”The ICC does not wish to prevent players from using these substances for legitimate purposes, however, any deliberate attempt to apply such substances to the ball, as was the case here, will not be acceptable. This will continue to be reported and the ICC confirms that unless the Laws are changed, the current practice of charging players when the evidence shows an obvious breach will continue. ICC Umpires will remind all teams of the Laws as they stand,” it added. (Nasser Hussain defends Faf du Plessis)advertisementThe spokesperson further said that following the appeal the body “will review the matter along with our members and the MCC to see if there are any learnings to be taken from this issue.”
Achraf Hakimi has not ruled out the possibility of making his loan from Real Madrid to Borussia Dortmund permanent, according to the player’s agent.The Bundesliga club’s CEO Hans-Joachim Watzke said earlier this week he wanted to do a deal for the 20-year-old left-back after securing another loanee – striker Paco Alcacer – outright from Barcelona.And Morocco international Hakimi, who is on a two-year loan from the Bernabeu giants, is enjoying life in Germany. Article continues below Editors’ Picks Man Utd ready to spend big on Sancho and Haaland in January Who is Marcus Thuram? Lilian’s son who is top of the Bundesliga with Borussia Monchengladbach Brazil, beware! Messi and Argentina out for revenge after Copa controversy Best player in MLS? Zlatan wasn’t even the best player in LA! His agent Alejandro Camano told Goal and SPOX: “Borussia Dortmund is an amazing club and already feels like home for Achraf. “He feels really comfortable and is enjoying his time.”After Watzke celebrated securing Alcacer, he stated his intention of doing the same with Hakimi.”Dear Paco Alcacer, welcome to Borussia Dortmund,” he said.”And Achraf Hakimi – we will try to do the same thing with you, even though it will not be easy.”Alcacer’s loan deal had a clause for the option of a permanent deal written into it, and although Hakimi’s does not, Camano says Hakimi is grateful to able to stake his claim in Dortmund.”We will see what the future brings,” he added. “We don’t think about Real Madrid.”The deal between the clubs did not change and there were no talks with Real since he left them.”We are thankful to Dortmund for the chance that Achraf can play at the highest level in an amazing league like the Bundesliga. Only that counts.”Hakimi has made eight appearances in table-topping Dortmund’s unbeaten start to the Bundesliga season and has played twice in the Champions League, after making just nine league appearances for Madrid in 2017-18 under former coach Zinedine Zidane.Six assists in that time have raised his stock, though without an option to sign the full-back at the end of his loan spell, Dortmund may need to pay out a sizeable figure.