TagsTransfersAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Chelsea striker Giroud: I do not accept this situationby Paul Vegas13 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveOlivier Giroud admits he’s unhappy with his situation at Chelsea.The France international, who scored the only goal in Friday’s win over Iceland, has hinted at talks with Frank Lampard but insisted he would never seek to insult his manager.”Accept it? No, I do not accept it,” he told Le Pelerin.”You do not have to be fatalistic in certain situations. I have always been respectful and humble. Even if I do not agree with the coach, I do not criticise him.”But in myself, I cannot accept it because I know what I’m worth on a pitch. Last year, when I felt that I deserved to play, I asked the coach for explanations.”
About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Man Utd crock Pogba struggling for visit of Liverpoolby Paul Vegas9 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveManchester United midfielder Paul Pogba remains a doubt for the visit of Liverpool on Sunday.The Manchester Evening News says Pogba has still not returned to the club’s Carrington training complex, having spent over a week in Dubai during the international break for some warm weather training.Pogba, 26, has missed four of United’s last six games with an ankle injury and flew to Dubai with a protective boot on, and United sources are pessimistic about the possibility of him recovering for the Liverpool game on Sunday.United are hopeful Anthony Martial will be fit to start for the first time since he suffered a thigh injury in the 2-1 defeat to Crystal Palace on August 24.
Today, UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador David Beckham made a surprise visit to Kentish Town C of E Primary School in London to celebrate World Children’s Day.UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador David Beckham visits Kentish Town C of E Primary School, LondonCredit/Copyright: UNICEF/Dymond/2017During the visit, David met pupils aged between five and 11 from the student council to discuss the issues that affect them most such as their right to feel valued, listened to and respected. David then treated the children to an impromptu game of football in the playground of the North London school.Kentish Town Primary School is a Level Two Rights Respecting School, an initiative run by Unicef UK which supports schools to place the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child at the heart of their ethos. It empowers pupils to realise their own rights and develop every child’s talents and abilities to their full potential.David chose to visit Kentish Town Primary School as today marks the anniversary of the adoption of the Convention on the Rights of the Child and the mobilisation of the first World Children’s Day.UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador David Beckham said:“This World Children’s Day we are handing over the reins to children, encouraging them to speak out for each other. One important lesson from my travels with UNICEF is that we need to listen to children about the world they want to live in. Today it’s been really inspiring visiting the school. It’s amazing to see how happy and confident the kids are and listening to them talk so passionately about learning and respecting the rights of children.”Jude, aged 11, a pupil at Kentish Town Primary School said:“It was really fun meeting David today hear him talk about how important it is to help UNICEF. He gave really good answers to all the questions we asked him. It was even more exciting because today is World Children’s Day!”In addition to today’s school visit, David has released a short film in collaboration with UNICEF, in which he quizzes children about their views of the world. During the heart-warming film, Beckham is seen in conversation with five children asking a series of questions such as what changes they would like to see for children in the future and what rules they would give grown-ups. The film was recorded in New York with children aged 6-10 years-old: Smith (6), Jenna (7), Fiona (7), Jayla (8) and Royce (10).Video: #KidsTakeover with David Beckham | UNICEFChildren all around the world have been celebrating World Children’s Day today by ‘taking over’ key roles in media, politics, business, sport and entertainment to help save children’s lives, fight for their rights and fulfil their potential. In the UK, hundreds of schools have taken part in the OutRight campaign – Unicef UK’s annual schools campaign that enables and empowers children and young people to speak out in support of children’s rights and celebrate World Children’s Day.David Beckham has been a long standing supporter of UNICEF since playing with Manchester United and became a UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador in 2005. In 2015, his tenth year with Unicef, he launched 7: The David Beckham UNICEF Fund to help protect children in danger. David is working with Unicef to ensure that world leaders put children first and agree new development goals that will help end violence, preventable death and poverty for every child.
TORONTO – The Toronto Star has named Irene Gentle as its new editor, the first woman to hold the job.Gentle replaces Michael Cooke, who announced earlier this year that he would be retiring in June.She has been the Star’s managing editor since June 2016. The promotion is effective immediately.Gentle joined the Star in 2011 as business editor and was named assistant managing editor and city editor in 2012.Before the Star, she worked at the Hamilton Spectator.The Star and the Spectator are owned by Torstar Corp. which also owns daily and community newspapers throughout Ontario and a majority interest in VerticalScope.—Torstar holds an investment in The Canadian Press as part of a joint agreement with a subsidiary of the Globe and Mail and the parent company of Montreal’s La Presse.Companies in this story: (TSX:TS.B)
Residents are not being allowed into the area. The RCMP won’t say what’s happening but there is a large police presence on the road.BC Ambulance is also on scene.We will share more information as details are released. If you have any information, email email@example.com UPDATE as of 5:10 p.m. – The Red Creek road is now open to traffic as the police incident has ended. There is still a small police presence at one property on the road. The RCMP still haven’t released any information about what happened at the home.—–FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – The RCMP are blocking the entrance to the Red Creek Road near Mile 62 of the Alaska Highway.
Kolkata: The outgoing BJP MP from Asansol Babul Supriyo, who is contesting the Lok Sabha elections from the same seat, lost his cool during his election rally on Thursday morning when some local youths protested against him for accusing his political rival Trinamool Congress of running a syndicate with coal mafias.The incident sparked tension at the Dhandadihi area of Andal, where Supriyo was conducting a road show. Some youths, who the BJP claimed to be Trinamool Congress supporters, protested against Supriyo as he was accusing TMC of being involved in a syndicate operating out of coal mine areas. Also Read – Bengal family worships Muslim girl as Goddess Durga in Kumari PujaThis allegedly made Supriyo so angry that he engaged in an altercation with the youths. He also claimed that TMC might have deployed the youths to disrupt his road show. The irate BJP MP allegedly instructed his party workers to ‘throw them out’. The BJP workers finally dissuaded the youths from protesting and dispersed them. Curious onlookers were stranded on both sides of the road. The district election officers are currently looking into the matter. Also Read – Bengal civic volunteer dies in road mishap on national highwayIt may be mentioned here that some BJP workers were earlier found sitting in a car with a sticker on it reading ‘On Election duty’. The car was spotted close to the residence of Supriyo in Asansol and there was a BJP flag on the bonnet of the car. The incident has led to a political slugfest between the BJP and Trinamool Congress leaders in Asansol. Supriyo has been under the scanner of the Election Commission after he was found playing the controversial theme song of BJP, defying the commission’s instructions. He has since stopped playing the song but controversy seems to still surround him. A section of TMC leaders in West Midnapore district are saying that Supriyo is losing his cool as BJP is apprehending defeat in the seat in the ensuing Lok Sabha elections.
Kolkata: Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology (Makaut) has launched a number of new vocational courses that are designed to expand the career options for the students. “The new vocational courses will help the students to choose the right career as per their choice and will also open up job avenues for them” said Saikat Maitra, Vice Chancellor, Makaut.The new vocational courses that can be taken up in the undergraduate level include Travel and Tourism, Medical Lab Technology, Medical Imaging Technology, Banking-Financial Services and Insurance (BFSI), Hardware Networking, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning, Interior Design, Automotive Manufacturing Technology, Retail Management, Industrial Tool Manufacturing, Renewable Energy, Electronic Manufacturing Services, Animation, Beauty and Aesthetics, Theatre Studies, Fashion Designing, Catering Technology and Hotel Management etc. Also Read – Bengal family worships Muslim girl as Goddess Durga in Kumari PujaEligibility criteria for admission to these subjects are higher secondary or equivalent. There are provisions for exit from the course at the end of completion of first and second year course of their studies with diploma and advanced diploma, respectively. On being asked about the course on Beauty and Aesthetics that has nothing to do with a technology varsity, a senior official of the varsity said that the course will train the students in non-clinical aspects of cosmetology. “Beauty professional courses are in very high demand nowadays and students pursuing this course can explore job opportunities in a salon or spa, as a beauty and skin specialist,” he added. The B voc course in Theatre Study and Acting is also tailor made for students to get associated with film and television media. This course that includes topics like theatre techniques and designing, study of theatrical script and play is expected to develop the intangible concept of creative imagination and its expression within the collective framework of a group.
The 26 Palestinian prisoners Israel has agreed to free as part of ongoing peace talks will be released on Monday, a source in Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s office said.Netanyahu had agreed to the release of 104 Palestinian prisoners in line with commitments to the US-backed peace talks, which resumed in July, and groups have been freed on August 13 and October 30.“Their release should come on Monday night after the 48-hour delay given for appeals from victims’ families to the supreme court,” the official in Netanyahu’s office told AFP on condition of anonymity. In the past, Israel’s supreme court has turned down all appeals against the release of Palestinian prisoners.Netanyahu’s government gave the green light on Saturday for the latest tranche of prisoners to be freed.“All of the released prisoners perpetrated offences prior to the (1993) Oslo accords and have served sentences of 19-28 years,” an Israeli government statement on Saturday said.“If any of those to be released resume hostile activity they will be returned to serve the remainder of their sentences,” the statement warned.The planned release of the latest group of detainees comes as US Secretary of State John Kerry prepares for a fresh tour of the region on New Year’s Day to try to push talks forward.It will be his 10th trip to Israel and the West Bank since March, with his most recent visit in early December.Kerry has been piling on the pressure in a bid to nudge the Palestinians and Israelis to reach an interim framework ahead of a full accord ahead of a deadline set to expire in late April.Meanwhile, Israel is set to announce plans for new settlement construction to coincide with the prisoners’ release, an official said on Thursday.Media reports say the plans are for 1,400 settler homes.Kerry and the European Union earlier this month urged Netanyahu to delay plans to announce new settlement construction on land Palestinians want for their future state.But Netanyahu was bullish in the face of international pressure over settlement construction.“We will not stop, even for a moment, building our country and becoming stronger, and developing… the settlement enterprise,” he told members of his rightwing Likud party last week.
I admire Terrelle Pryor’s athletic ability.I salivate over his potential, considering his 6-foot-6, 235-pound frame and supposed 4.3 40-time.I marvel about the occasions in which he makes defenders look helpless and foolish, burning them with an atypical combination of speed and power.But as I watch the Ohio State sophomore quarterback complete just 56 percent of his passes, while tossing six interceptions in as many games, I have doubts about whether he’ll ever reach that ceiling.Yes, Pryor is one of the most gifted athletes to ever grace the field at Ohio Stadium. But it takes much more than athletic skill to anchor an offense in one of the nation’s most prestigious football programs.Pryor has certainly shown glimpses of greatness.On countless occasions, he has turned a possible sack into a large gain because of his scrambling ability.His arm strength, a glaring weakness last season, seems to have improved. Pryor seems to have an easier time connecting with a receiver 30 yards downfield than he does with a target five yards away.That has been a major concern through the first half of 2009. Against Toledo, Pryor threaded a pass deep downfield that resulted in a 76-yard touchdown to Dane Sanzenbacher.But too often, Pryor can’t find that same precision on short passes, frequently throwing over the heads of receivers several yards away.His lack of accuracy has been alarming; he has yet to post a completion rate higher than 66 percent in any game this season.And although completing passes to teammates is one thing, completing them to the opposition is an even bigger issue.Pryor threw just four interceptions in 165 passes during his freshman campaign. His decision making was wise and methodical, especially for a 19-year-old. This year, he has been sloppy and indecisive, resulting in six picks in 127 attempts.So where is the progress?The Buckeyes boast one of the country’s best defenses, holding opponents to just 11.5 points per game. Unfortunately, the offense just can’t keep pace.Pryor wasn’t expected to morph into Troy Smith or Vince Young overnight. But at this point, he has done nearly as much to hold back the offense as he has to help it improve.It’s been a work in progress meshing with coach Jim Tressel’s offense, the prototypical Big Ten-style run-based scheme. Tressel, however, has adapted, switching to a shotgun option formation, which plays to Pryor’s strengths.Out of the configuration, the quarterback often has the time to dissect the defense and choose to pass or run. If only Pryor could make the decision quickly enough.Perhaps Pryor will never develop into an above-average dropback passer. If that’s the case, then he should look to run more often.Pryor has recorded a rush of 11 or more yards in each game this season. When he finds open space, he’s nearly impossible to bring down.Pryor said he prefers to find his receivers rather than constantly looking to run the ball himself. Fair enough; but too often, he locks in to one target, usually sophomore DeVier Posey.Just once this season — the opener against Navy — have more than two OSU receivers made three or more receptions in a game.Maybe Pryor is simply sifting through a sophomore slump, finding difficulty in reading defenses that are now facing him for the second time.Maybe Pryor will brush off a sluggish stretch and demonstrate improvement in his accuracy and decision making.Or maybe Pryor isn’t the Michael Vick clone (minus the dogfighting) or Daunte Culpepper duplicate that so many Buckeye backers dreamed about.Time will tell, but so will results. So far, the facts and figures indicate that Pryor’s game hasn’t progressed at anywhere near the ideal pace.
Tottenham Hotspur’s forward Heung-Min Son revealed who his football role model is, it’s a Manchester United legend who recently hung up his boots.Tottenham Hotspur forward Heung-Min Son is having a blast as a Premier League player, he recently revealed that he has a role model who played at Manchester United for a long time.There are not too many South Korean players who triumph in European football, but Park Ji-Sung is arguably amongst the most successful ones and the player who inspired younger generations from his country where Son came from.The Spurs player talks about Park as a national hero, and dreams of someday winning as many trophies as the former Red Devil did throughout his illustrious career.“He is a legend for me and was one of the guys who influenced us all in a way because he played for also a big team and was a key part of their success,” Son told The Mirror.“Anytime he played in the Champions League he played very well and represented our country in the best possible way.”“I am still in contact with him and he remains my role model because of the kind of human being he is. It is very hard to find a fault in him and if I need to ask something he is always a phone call away.”“I can never underestimate the role he played in putting our country out there with his performance.”Virgil van Dijk praises Roberto Firmino after Liverpool’s win Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Virgil van Dijk hailed team-mate Roberto Firmino after coming off the bench to inspire Liverpool to a 3-1 comeback win against Newcastle United.Son also revealed what a joy it is for him to be a Premier League player: “For me it’s still a dream to play in the Premier League.”“The journey is an unbelievable one. Playing in England and playing for Tottenham I don’t think I could have asked for more at this stage.”“I am enjoying playing in here every second, every hour, every day. Look back home in South Korea most of the kids wants to play here.”“Maybe some players had it easy but for me it’s a dream and I treat every game as living the dream I had some years ago,” said the Tottenham Hotspur’s forward. On this day in 2005, Park Ji-Sung was unveiled as a United player following his £4m move from PSV.205 games ⚽27 goals 🎯13 trophies 🏆The big-game performer 👌 pic.twitter.com/z7DZAukLhE— Man United News (@ManUtdMEN) July 8, 2018