Foran says he is leaving Warriors

first_imgForan has told his teammates that he will not be staying at the club, but will move to Sydney to be closer to his children.Foran has been heavily linked with a switch to the Bulldogs.”It has been an incredibly tough decision to make but it has reached the point where I had to make a call and I’ve done that today,” Foran said in a statement.”I love it so much here at this club and I have so many people to thank for helping me to get my life and my football career back on track.”I really wanted to find a way of staying and spending more time here because it’s so good being around the boys and the people here. Every day I have a smile on my face when I come to training.”But, in the end, it came down to my kids and what’s best for them. I need to be back in Sydney to be closer to them.”Before I do there’s plenty to do here. I want to finish here as well as I possibly can. We can do something this year and I want to play my part in that.”Warriors managing director Jim Doyle said Foran’s decision is understandable.”Of course, we would have liked Kieran to stay longer and we looked at ways of making that possible,” he said.”I know how much he likes it here and how much he wanted to extend his time but his kids’ welfare is paramount. We support him in what he has decided to do and wish him all the best.”For us, it has been great to see how far he has come getting his life back in order and now being in a position to be able to help the team on the field. He wants to finish the season strongly.”Doyle said the club had options to consider now Foran’s future has been clarified.”While we were hoping Kieran would stay we also knew there was a chance he would return to Sydney so we considered that in our planning,” he said.Since making his Warriors debut against Gold Coast on April 2, Foran has played in each of the team’s last five matches. His last outing against the Sydney Roosters on April 30 provided the 100th win in his 161 NRL appearances so far.Photo By: SCOTT BARBOUR/Getty Images (Kieran Foran looks set to be signing with the Bulldogs).last_img read more

Box: “I am devastated”

first_imgWith regard to the FA, I understand the process that you have to carry out to prosecute any accusation of racism, in fact I am totally in favor of any persecution to eliminate this scourge of racism in sport, however I want to say that these 5 months have been most difficult of my professional career, and I don’t feel at all that the guilty verdict is a reflection of what really happened.I am sure that my family, friends, colleagues and technical bodies with whom I have worked all these years in my professional career know that I would NEVER use words with racist meaning and connotations, and that my respectful behavior towards the rival since I started my career has Always been honest and with the maximum fairplay.Finally, to thank the club, Leeds United, for the support received this time and in this process, and without any doubt thank you for the support I receive week by week of this incredible hobby that is what makes me feel stronger in complicated moments. “ Kiko Casilla has responded to the FA, in a statement insisting on her innocence. The goalkeeper, accused of racist insults, faces a penalty of eight matches and almost 70,000 euros fine. Therefore, he wanted to share with his followers a note to defend themselves and punish all types of discrimination in football, sports and society. “I feel sad and devastated. (…) I would NEVER use words with meaning and racist connotations, “writes the former Real Madrid in his social network. This is the full statement:“I feel sad and devastated for having been convicted of making a racist comment during the game last September against Charlton.First of all I want to make it clear and very blunt that racism should not be tolerated in football, in sports, nor has a place in our society.last_img read more