Recommended for you Diamonds La Gemma dell’Est to host World Travel Awards Africa & Indian Ocean Gala Ceremony 2016 Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppDubai, May 5th 2015 – Etihad Airways has retained its title as the Middle East’s Leading Airline for an incredible ninth consecutive year at the World Travel Awards.The United Arab Emirates’ flag-carrier was recognised during a red carpet awards presentation evening at the Four Seasons Resort Dubai at Jumeirah Beach in front of hundreds of Middle Eastern tourism leaders.Also picking up the a coveted trophy was Jumeirah Al Qasr, Madinat Jumeirah which claimed the Middle East’s Leading Hotel title, while Jebel Ali Golf Resort walked away with the prize for Middle East’s Leading Family Resort.Speaking during the event World Travel Awards President Graham Cooke said: “It was a pleasure and a privilege for World Travel Awards to recognise the leading airlines, hotels and tour operators from across the Middle East here at the luxury Four Seasons Resort Dubai at Jumeirah Beach.“This beautiful property – which itself takes the title of Middle East’s Leading New Resort – has provided us with a wonderful backdrop for this prestigious event.“Congratulations to all our winners and we look forward to seeing them later in the year for the World Travel Awards Grand Final.”Also among the winners at Four Seasons was Al Mashreq Boutique Hotel, which took the title of Middle East’s Leading Boutique Hotel, Le Royal Meridien, recognised as the Middle East’s Leading Spa Resort, and the Dubai Department of Tourism & Commerce Marketing, which took the title of Middle East’s Leading Tourist Board.Hailed by worldwide media for its role in identifying and rewarding excellence in the travel and tourism sector, World Travel Awards celebrates its 22nd anniversary in 2015 and is acknowledged as the ultimate travel accolade.World Travel Awards global events are widely recognised as the best networking opportunity within the travel industry, attended by government and industry leaders, luminaries, and international print and broadcast media. Related Items:dubai, etihad airlines, four seasons resort, world travel awards Mazagan Beach & Golf Resort to host World Travel Awards Grand Final 2015 Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Sandals Resorts International Honored At Annual World Travel Awards
James Pallotta has refuted rumours he could sell Roma to an Arab investor for €800m tagging it as very fake news.According to reports cited on Football Italia, the American owner had been in talks with a potential buyer since the beginning of October and had named his price as €800m.Reports from newspaper reports claimed the investor was linked to Saudi crown prince Mohammad Bin Salman Al Saud, with talks stalling after the murder of journalist Jamal Khashoggi.Chris Smalling open to a permanent AS Roma deal Andrew Smyth – September 6, 2019 Chris Smalling can “definitely see a longer-term future” for himself at AS Roma should things work out on his loan spell from Manchester United.However, Pallotta has debunked those claims in the strongest possible terms, telling Centro Suono Sport that the reports are “very fake news”.The owner also assured that he’s still working on the new stadium, though he’s currently in Boston and the matter is the hands of the lawyers.Roma have secured a place in the round of 16 of the Champions League but are currently struggling on the league front with reports suggesting manager Eusebio could be axed.
The Atlantic also is getting ready to launch the Atlantic Wire, an opinion news aggregator slated to go live later this month. Kinsley will not be part of the team that manages the Wire, the spokesperson said. The Atlantic has named Slate.com founding editor Michael Kinsley editor-in-chief of a new digital media property the publisher expects to launch in 2010. His appointment is effective September 21.An Atlantic spokesperson declined to divulge any details surrounding the digital initiative the publisher is quietly developing, other than to say it will be “a separate property under the Atlantic Consumer Media umbrella.” In addition to his digital duties, Kinsley will write a regular column on media for the print edition of the Atlantic. Most recently, Kinsley served as a columnist for the Washington Post. He also has served as editor of The New Republic and Harper’s.
#GunControlNow Trends After Gilroy Shooting In California That Left 3 Dead IBTimes VideoRelated VideosMore videos Play VideoPauseMute0:00/1:58Loaded: 0%0:01Progress: 0%Stream TypeLIVE-1:58?Playback Rate1xChaptersChaptersDescriptionsdescriptions off, selectedSubtitlessubtitles settings, opens subtitles settings dialogsubtitles off, selectedAudio Trackdefault, selectedFullscreenThis is a modal window.Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparentWindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaqueFont Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400%Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadowFont FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall CapsReset restore all settings to the default valuesDoneClose Modal DialogEnd of dialog window. COPY LINKAD Loading … On Sunday, Walmart CEO Doug McMillon posted a note on Instagram saying that “he can’t believe” that the second shooting took place in less than a week. He called people to join him in praying for the victims. Walmart also tweeted that the company is “in shock” and is “praying for the victims, the community and our associates, as well as the first responders.”However, the retail giant received public condemnation for continuing to sell firearms despite increasing public debates demanding ban of the sale on weapons in the country.But despite traditionally selling firearms for “hunting” purposes, the company has made several changes in its sale policies of ammunition across America over the years. After last year’s Parkland shooting in Florida, Walmart changed its gun sales policies by raising its minimum gun purchasing age to 21.The company spokesperson also mentioned that Walmart has paid attention to public discourse on gun violence and has initiated a ban on the sale of “modern sporting rifles” which he described as “military-style semi-automatic rifles”. The weapons were removed from the website and any air gun or toy that might resemble assault weapons were taken off the shelves, he added. Representative ImageScott Olson/Getty ImagesA day after 20 people were killed and 26 injured inside a Walmart store in El Paso, Texas, a spokesperson of the retail giant said that Walmart has no plans to stop selling guns and ammunition.”Our focus has always been on being a responsible seller of firearms,” company spokesman Randy Hargrove said, cited Bloomberg. “We go beyond federal law requiring all customers to pass a background check before purchasing any firearm,” he said.Within 13 hours of the El Paso shooting, around nine people were killed and 27 injured when a shooter opened fire at a Dayton bar in Ohio.The Sunday shooting took place four days after a disgruntled Walmart employee opened fire, killing two co-workers and wounding a police officer in Mississippi. Other instances of gun violence, including the shooting in a Californian food festival, has raised questions regarding the state of gun control laws in the United States. Close
The High Court issued a rule asking the authorities concerned to explain why three sections (2ga, 3, and 6) of the Organ Transplantation Act-1999 will not be declared unconstitutional.The HC also asked them to explain why the failure of defendant to form rules despite having a provision for formulation of rules in the Act would not be declared as unconstitutional.The Health and Family Affairs secretary and Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS) have been asked to respond to the rule within two weeks.A two-member bench, led by justice Moyeenul Islam Chowdhury and JBM Hassan, issued the rule following a petition filed by a woman, Fatema Zohora.Barristers Rasna Imam, Reshad Imam, Arefin Ahsraf, Zarif Mohammad Jubayer, Tasnim Ferdous and Narida Nabin Khan stood for the petitioners.As per the act, Barrister Rashna Imam said, the close and blood-connected relatives have been allowed for donating organs. Parents, siblings, uncle (paternal), aunt (paternal), uncle (maternal) and husband-wife have been defined as close relatives.But in the law related to organ transplantation in India, grandfathers, grandmothers (both maternal and paternal ones) and cousins have been included in the list who can donate organs. Besides, in special cases, it had been relaxed that donor need not be close relatives.The petition was filed due to failure in formulation of rules in this regard.
Moudud AhmedBangladesh Nationalist Party (BNP) senior leader Moudud Ahmed on Friday said their party will not go to the general election if their conditions are not fulfilled, reports UNB.”We’ll participate in the elections to the city corporations. But that doesn’t mean we’ll also join the national election if our conditions are not fulfilled. The ruling party won’t be allowed to hold a lopsided election this time,” he said.The BNP leader came up with the remarks while speaking at a discussion arranged by Bangladesh National Awami Party (NAP Bhasani) at the Jatiya Press Club, marking the 41st death anniversary of great national leader Maulana Abdul Hamid Khan Bhasani.Moudud, a BNP standing committee member, said the current parliament must be dissolved 90 days before the next general election, and the polls will have to be held under a non-party neutral government.He said Awami League should not fear a fair election under a neutral government as the party thinks it has huge popularity. “Arrange the election under a neutral administration so that people can exercise their right to franchise as per their wish.”The BNP leader said their party will join the national election if a proper atmosphere for a credible election is created.Referring to the victory of their party candidates in the last elections to Gazipur, Khulna, Rajshahi and Sylhet city corporations, Moudud said Awami League could not take their defeat in those polls easily. “That’s why those mayors couldn’t enter their offices even by two years. If this is the case what is the use of joining polls?”
Dr Kamal HossainTop leader of a new political coalition Kamal Hossain on Tuesday expressed concern at the recent arrests and harrassment of the opposition by the Awami League government, saying such missteps might ruin the atmosphere for fair and peaceful politics.In a statement, he said the National Unity Front was formed to promote constitutional politics of all pro-liberation parties through their participation in national elections. “This is compatibale with the thinking of the prime minister,” he said expressing apprehensions about the fallouts of the recent steps of the government.Opposition Bangladesh Nationalist Party (BNP), a major component of the Unity Front, blasted the AL government for arresting former caretaker government adviser Mainul Hosein but two ministers tried to justify the arrest.The BNP termed it a move to foil the opposition movement for Mainul is part of the new opposition coalition of Jatiya Oikya Front or National Unity Front while the ministers denied such allegations.BNP senior joint secretary general Ruhul Kabir Rizvi alleged that Mainul Hosein was arrested illegally at the behest of the top leadership of the govenment to frustrate the movement aimed at ‘restoring’ democracy in the country.Two ministers, however, said Mainul was arrested for his “abusive and vulgar” remarks about a female journalist. Ahead of the arrest on Monday, prime minister Sheikh Hasina criticised Mainul.Mainul Hosein, also a former member of parliament and chairman of the editorial board of a newspaper, was playing an active role in formation of the Front, led by eminent jurist Kamal Hossain. They demanded free, fair, participatory and credible general elections due later this year.AL general secretary and road transport and bridges minister Obaidul Quader said the police arrested Mainul as cases were filed against him.”His involvement with the Oikya Front has nothing to do with the arrest,” he told newsmen at his ministry.Quader claimed, “The arrest was made to stop recurrence of such incidents. He was considered as a person, not a leader of the Oikya Front.”Another cabinet member, law minister Anisul Huq said Mainul Hosein used to talk against the incumbent government in television talkshows even before the formation of Oikya Front but he was not arrested then.Arrested Mainul Hosein. File PhotoHe was arrested for recent cases against him, the minister told newsmen after a seminar at Dhaka University.“The first thing is we didn’t arrest him for his anti-governemnt opinions aired on TV talkshows. He was arrested for what he told journalist Masuda Bhatti in an interview… The case was filed as the womenfolk think arrogant speech disrespected them,” he said.Anisul, a lawyer by profession, argued, “I think, the womenfolk would have been aggrieved had the law enforcement not taken any step as per the directives of the court for that comment. That is why he was arrested after warrant was issued.”Speaking at a press conference at the BNP’s Naya Paltan central office, party leader Rizvi condemned the arrest and demanded his immediate release.”The arrest of a renowned lawyer like Mainul Hosein in a defamation case is an unprecedented action. It was made to hamper the movement aimed at restoring democracy,” he said.Describing Mainul Hosein as a man who has respect for law, Rizvi said, “His offence was to take a stand against misrule and speak in favour of democracy.”He alleged the prime minister at her press conference on Monday encouraged some people to file more cases against him and talked about subsequent action against him.”Hours after her such announcement, the arrest warrant was issued, and he (Mainul) was arrested. It’s now clear that he was arrested at the directives of the government high-ups after issuing a warrant for his arrest by a court at night,” the BNP leader said.Rizvi said it is legal practice to issue summon first by the court in a defamation suit and then take statement of the accused before issuing the arrest warrant. “There’s no example of issuing arrest warrant immediately after filing of any defamation suit. So, Mainul Hosein’s arrest is illegal. We strongly condemn it.”So far, six cases have been filed against Mainul Hosein across the country.Journalist Masuda Bhatti filed a defamation suit in Dhaka on 21 October. Three more defamation suits were filed in Jamalpur, Cumilla and Kurigram on that day.Two more cases — one in Bhola and another in Rangpur — were filed on Monday.A team of Detective Branch (DB) of police on Monday night arrested Mainul Hosein from in front of Jatiya Samajtantrik Dal (JSD) president ASM Abdur Rab’s Uttara residence in a defamation case filed in Rangpur.