PSG ‘We can always do better’ – Mbappe wants even more from PSG after another big win Ben Spratt Last updated 2 years ago 07:12 10/19/17 FacebookTwitterRedditcopy Comments(0) Getty Images PSG Kylian Mbappé Anderlecht v PSG Anderlecht UEFA Champions League The wonderkid believes his side will only keep improving after they kept up an impeccable start to this season’s Champions League Paris Saint-Germain were targeting a big win at Anderlecht on Wednesday, according to Kylian Mbappe, and they achieved exactly that with a 4-0 Champions League success.Le Parisiens 17/4 favs to win CLThe Ligue 1 side had thrashed Celtic 5-0 and comfortably beaten giants Bayern Munich in their previous Group B games, before Anderlecht became the latest team to suffer at the hands of Mbappe, Neymar and Edinson Cavani. Article continues below Editors’ Picks Lyon treble & England heartbreak: The full story behind Lucy Bronze’s dramatic 2019 Liverpool v Man City is now the league’s biggest rivalry and the bitterness is growing Megan Rapinoe: Born & brilliant in the U.S.A. A Liverpool legend in the making: Behind Virgil van Dijk’s remarkable rise to world’s best player All three were on the scoresheet in Belgium, with Mbappe netting a record eighth goal in the competition as a teenager, and the France international headed home happy.”Not every game can be like the one against Bayern,” he said. “We came here to win well and that’s what we did. We’re happy and go home with the three points.”We can always do better and there are lots of games to come, but we need to be able to control our weaker moments as well as our stronger moments.12-0 – @PSG_inside are the best attack of the Champions League 2017/18 (12 goals) and the only one yet to concede a goal. Boss.— OptaJean (@OptaJean) October 18, 2017″We haven’t been made to pay yet, but we need to be as vigilant as we can. We need to be professional and win games.”PSG remain three points clear of Bayern at the top of the pool at the half-way point of the group stage.As well as netting 12 times, PSG are yet to concede – a source of great pride for goalkeeper Alphonse Areola.”It’s extremely satisfying to have kept three clean sheets in the Champions League so far,” he said.”I intend to keep that going for as long as possible, but I realise that things will get increasingly difficult as we progress in the competition.”
About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Man Utd crock Pogba struggling for visit of Liverpoolby Paul Vegas9 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveManchester United midfielder Paul Pogba remains a doubt for the visit of Liverpool on Sunday.The Manchester Evening News says Pogba has still not returned to the club’s Carrington training complex, having spent over a week in Dubai during the international break for some warm weather training.Pogba, 26, has missed four of United’s last six games with an ankle injury and flew to Dubai with a protective boot on, and United sources are pessimistic about the possibility of him recovering for the Liverpool game on Sunday.United are hopeful Anthony Martial will be fit to start for the first time since he suffered a thigh injury in the 2-1 defeat to Crystal Palace on August 24.
zoom Tanker owner and operator d’Amico Tankers has signed a memorandum of agreement and bareboat charter contract for the sale and leaseback of one of its medium-range product tanker vessel for a consideration of USD 28 million.The deal, reached with an undisclosed Japanese company, is related to the 49,990 dwt MT High Discovery, built in 2014 by South Korea’s shipbuilder Hyundai-Mipo.d’Amico Tankers said that the transaction would generate around USD 10.7 million in cash for the company, net of commissions and reimbursement of the vessel’s existing loan, contribute to the liquidity required to complete DIS’ fleet renewal program and allow the company to benefit from the anticipated market recovery.Additionally, d’Amico Tankers will maintain full control of the vessel, since a 10-year bareboat charter agreement was also concluded with the buyer, with a purchase obligation at the end of the tenth year of the charter period. The company has the option to repurchase the tanker starting from the third anniversary of its sale at a competitive cost of funds.
APTN National NewsKitigan Zibi will have its maple sugar production running at full capacity this spring.The reason?They’re going international.APTN’s Maike Eikelmann reports on how Kitigan Zibi is trying to conquer the maple syrup world – one country at a time.
MOSCOW — The head of the Russian Orthodox Church says the data-gathering capacity of devices such as smartphones risks bringing humanity closer to the arrival of the Antichrist.In an interview shown Monday on state TV, Patriarch Kirill said the church does not oppose technological progress but is concerned that “someone can know exactly where you are, know exactly what you are interested in, know exactly what you are afraid of” and that such information could be used for centralized control of the world.“Control from one point is a foreshadowing of the coming of Antichrist, if we talk about the Christian view. Antichrist is the person who will be at the head of the world wide web that controls the entire human race,” he said.The Associated Press
New Delhi: The government has kept the interest rates on small savings schemes, including NSC and PPF, unchanged for the April-June quarter. Public Provident Fund (PPF) and National Savings Certificate (NSC) will continue to carry an annual interest rate of 8 per cent, while Kisan Vikas Patra (KVP) will give a yield of 7.7 per cent and mature in 112 months.Interest rates for small savings schemes are notified on a quarterly basis. “The rates of interest on various small savings schemes for the first quarter of the financial year 2019-20 starting April 1, 2019, and ending on June 30, 2019, shall remain unchanged from those notified for the fourth quarter of financial year 2018-19,” the finance ministry said in a notification issued Friday. Interest rate for the five-year Senior Citizens Savings Scheme has been retained at 8.7 per cent. The interest on the senior citizens’ scheme is paid quarterly. Interest on savings deposits has been retained at 4 per cent annually.
Kolkata: The outgoing BJP MP from Asansol Babul Supriyo, who is contesting the Lok Sabha elections from the same seat, lost his cool during his election rally on Thursday morning when some local youths protested against him for accusing his political rival Trinamool Congress of running a syndicate with coal mafias.The incident sparked tension at the Dhandadihi area of Andal, where Supriyo was conducting a road show. Some youths, who the BJP claimed to be Trinamool Congress supporters, protested against Supriyo as he was accusing TMC of being involved in a syndicate operating out of coal mine areas. Also Read – Bengal family worships Muslim girl as Goddess Durga in Kumari PujaThis allegedly made Supriyo so angry that he engaged in an altercation with the youths. He also claimed that TMC might have deployed the youths to disrupt his road show. The irate BJP MP allegedly instructed his party workers to ‘throw them out’. The BJP workers finally dissuaded the youths from protesting and dispersed them. Curious onlookers were stranded on both sides of the road. The district election officers are currently looking into the matter. Also Read – Bengal civic volunteer dies in road mishap on national highwayIt may be mentioned here that some BJP workers were earlier found sitting in a car with a sticker on it reading ‘On Election duty’. The car was spotted close to the residence of Supriyo in Asansol and there was a BJP flag on the bonnet of the car. The incident has led to a political slugfest between the BJP and Trinamool Congress leaders in Asansol. Supriyo has been under the scanner of the Election Commission after he was found playing the controversial theme song of BJP, defying the commission’s instructions. He has since stopped playing the song but controversy seems to still surround him. A section of TMC leaders in West Midnapore district are saying that Supriyo is losing his cool as BJP is apprehending defeat in the seat in the ensuing Lok Sabha elections.
Kolkata: Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology (Makaut) has launched a number of new vocational courses that are designed to expand the career options for the students. “The new vocational courses will help the students to choose the right career as per their choice and will also open up job avenues for them” said Saikat Maitra, Vice Chancellor, Makaut.The new vocational courses that can be taken up in the undergraduate level include Travel and Tourism, Medical Lab Technology, Medical Imaging Technology, Banking-Financial Services and Insurance (BFSI), Hardware Networking, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning, Interior Design, Automotive Manufacturing Technology, Retail Management, Industrial Tool Manufacturing, Renewable Energy, Electronic Manufacturing Services, Animation, Beauty and Aesthetics, Theatre Studies, Fashion Designing, Catering Technology and Hotel Management etc. Also Read – Bengal family worships Muslim girl as Goddess Durga in Kumari PujaEligibility criteria for admission to these subjects are higher secondary or equivalent. There are provisions for exit from the course at the end of completion of first and second year course of their studies with diploma and advanced diploma, respectively. On being asked about the course on Beauty and Aesthetics that has nothing to do with a technology varsity, a senior official of the varsity said that the course will train the students in non-clinical aspects of cosmetology. “Beauty professional courses are in very high demand nowadays and students pursuing this course can explore job opportunities in a salon or spa, as a beauty and skin specialist,” he added. The B voc course in Theatre Study and Acting is also tailor made for students to get associated with film and television media. This course that includes topics like theatre techniques and designing, study of theatrical script and play is expected to develop the intangible concept of creative imagination and its expression within the collective framework of a group.
New Delhi: The Supreme Court has “strongly deprecated” the “casual manner” in which Bihar has filed an appeal before it after a delay of over 700 days and said a clear signal has to be sent to the government authorities that they cannot approach the court as and when they please. A bench comprising Justices Sanjay Kishan Kaul and Indira Banerjee dismissed the appeal filed by the Bihar government in a service matter and imposed a cost of Rs 20,000 on the state, saying it was a “complete wastage” of judicial time. Also Read – 2019 most peaceful festive season for J&K: Jitendra SinghThe apex court noted that an appeal against the division bench order of the Patna High Court was filed before it after a delay of 728 days and the state sought condonation of this “extraordinary” delay stating that it took time to obtain all the sanction from the respective departments and receive the affidavit. “We are of the view that a clear signal has to be sent to the government authorities that they cannot approach the court as and when they please, on account of gross incompetence of their officers and that too without taking any action against the concerned officers,” the bench said in its order. Also Read – Personal life needs to be respected: Cong on reports of Rahul’s visit abroad”No detail of this delay of 728 days have been given as if there is an inherent right to seek condonation of delay by state government. The law of limitation apparently does not apply to the state government according to its conduct,” the bench said. Referring to an earlier judgement of the apex court, the bench noted in its order that such condonation of delay is no more admissible on the pretext of “government working lethargy”. The bench also noted that the state had earlier filed an appeal before a division bench of the high court against an order of its single judge in the matter after a delay of 367 days. The division bench of the high court had dismissed the application filed by the state seeking condonation of delay on the ground that there was no sufficient cause shown for it. “We strongly deprecate the casual manner in which the division bench (of the high court) was approached…,” the bench said.
Madrid – Benita Ferrero-Waldner, former European Commissioner for External Relations and European Neighborhood Policy, said that the adoption of a draft bill on military justice by the council of ministers is a sound decision to uphold human rights in Morocco.Waldner, who held the position of the European Commissioner from 2004 to 2009, told MAP that the draft law, adopted on Friday by the council of ministers under the chairmanship of King Mohammed VI to stop civilians from standing trials before military courts, is a very sound decision to uphold human rights in Morocco.The new military draft bill, prepared in accordance with the Royal guidelines, is meant to ensure the coherence of national legislation with provisions laid in the Constitution and international standards, in order to guarantee the requisites for a fair trial before all courts of the Kingdom.