With less than 18 months to run on his existing deal, Aubameyang has so far refused to consider attempts by the Gunners to discuss new terms. The striker hasn’t ruled out extending his contract with Arsenal, but wants to wait until the summer to consider his options.Advertisement Meanwhile, Tuttosport says Inter have made first contact with Aubameyang’s entourage in the past week. Read Also:Sanchez must take pay cut of his £400,000 weekly wages to stay at Inter Milan The Nerazzurri are becoming resigned to losing Lautaro Martinez this summer and have placed Aubameyang top of their shortlist of replacements. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Loading… Arsenal captain Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang is on the radar of Inter Milan. Promoted ContentBirds Enjoy Living In A Gallery Space Created For Them7 Theories About The Death Of Our Universe7 Universities In The World With The Highest Market Value7 Worst Things To Do To Your PhoneCouples Who Celebrated Their Union In A Unique, Unforgettable Way9 Facts You Should Know Before Getting A Tattoo7 Ways To Understand Your Girlfriend Better5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme Parks8 Addictive And Fun Coffee FactsThe Very Last Bitcoin Will Be Mined Around 2140. Read MoreAmazing Ceilings From All Around The WorldCan Playing Too Many Video Games Hurt Your Body?
Published on April 7, 2016 at 12:43 am Contact Matthew: firstname.lastname@example.org | @MatthewGut21 Facebook Twitter Google+ Alyssa Dewes, Syracuse’s ninth batter in the order, is breaking the stigma of being the worst hitter on the team.Out of the nine spot, the junior outfielder leads the Orange in batting average (.351), slugging percentage (.649) and on-base percentage (.406). She’s five for her last 12 and has Syracuse (17-16, 4-7 Atlantic Coast) set for its upcoming weekend series at Virginia (12-25, 2-7).“I’m comfortable being there, I’m happy being there,” Dewes said of the nine hole. “Sometimes when you get moved around in the order, you get nervous. I’m just more confident, more comfortable there.”Before she became the everyday ninth batter on March 12, Dewes moved around the order fairly often. From Feb. 12 to March 5, she hit in the five, six, seven, eight and nine spots.Head coach Mike Bosch tried Dewes higher up in the lineup to give her more at-bats, but the offense wasn’t working as well. When not hitting ninth, Dewes is hitless in 10 at-bats. In the ninth spot, where she gets better pitches to drive, she has all of her 20 hits. In 47 at-bats there, she’s hitting .426.AdvertisementThis is placeholder textBosch has since penciled Dewes in the nine hole, where Dewes has been a model of consistency. With the exception of one 0-for-8 stretch, she hasn’t gone more than three consecutive games without a hit.“She gets in the confidence and she takes her hacks,” assistant coach Alisa Goler said. “When we saw her in the fall, she didn’t necessarily look like she always was just gearin’ to go. I think now when she gets up there, she feels like when she takes a hack at the ball she’s going to have a good chance.”Dewes’ 1.055 OPS (on-base percentage + slugging) also leads the team. She’s hit three home runs, four doubles and three triples on the year. She’s also tied for second on the team in stolen bases, with four.“I like her speed, she’s thrived there,” Bosch said. “Honestly, if she gets on base, we know we have people if we flip the lineup over, that will be able to drive her in.”As a freshman in 2014, Dewes hit .307 with four home runs. Last year she hit .220 with two home runs. This year, though, she’s been more comfortable out of the nine spot.“From a mental standpoint, she’s just a — I hate to say it — much happier kid this year,” Bosch said. “She just feels more relaxed at the plate.”Bosch and Goler also credit Dewes’ has quick bat speed for her success at the plate. This leads to high bat-exit speeds and hard hits off the bat. Her ability to stretch singles into doubles and doubles into triples has also helped her produce from the the last spot in the batting order.“For Dewes, that’s just her niche,” Goler said. “She owns it.” Comments
Email Recommended For YouU.S. stocks end lower on concerns about bank earnings, tradeBank of Canada to buy back up to C$500 mln of bondsJapan’s holdings of U.S. Treasuries jump to near two-year peak -Treasury dataInfluential Hindu group says India should not issue foreign currency bondsSEC reaches $60 mln settlements involving ex-American Realty executives The Canadian Press Reddit Featured Stories SNC-Lavalin faces criminal probe over Montreal bridge contract, documents reveal Four potential fraud charges related to Jacques Cartier Bridge refurbishment Join the conversation → Twitter Facebook More MONTREAL — Court documents show that Quebec prosecutors are working with the RCMP on the possibility of new criminal charges against SNC-Lavalin tied to a contract to refurbish Montreal’s Jacques Cartier Bridge.In December, a Quebec court approved a request by prosecutors to retain until June thousands of documents seized by the RCMP in connection with an investigation that drew on more than two dozen witnesses.If the provincial prosecution service pushes ahead with the four potential fraud charges outlined in court filings, the embattled engineering giant would face a legal battle on another front.In October, federal prosecutors told SNC-Lavalin they would not invite the company to negotiate a remediation agreement over fraud and corruption charges that stemmed from alleged dealings with the Libyan regime under Moammar Gadhafi between 2001 and 2011. SNC has filed for a judicial review of that decision.In court documents, the RCMP lays out a bribery scheme involving a $127-million Jacques Cartier Bridge contract in the early 2000s. Former federal official Michel Fournier pleaded guilty in 2017 to accepting more than $2.3 million in payments from SNC-Lavalin in connection with the project.SNC-Lavalin tells The Canadian Press it will continue to work with authorities, noting the court files involve employees and third parties no longer affiliated with the company. Allegations in the latest court documents have not been proven in court, and SNC-Lavalin has not been charged. Comment Montreal’s Jacques Cartier bridgePostmedia file photo February 12, 20195:13 PM EST Filed under News 5 Comments Sponsored By: What you need to know about passing the family cottage to the next generation advertisement Share this storySNC-Lavalin faces criminal probe over Montreal bridge contract, documents reveal Tumblr Pinterest Google+ LinkedIn ← Previous Next →